Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mail on 22 Jan 2009:IADVL e-groups:transition, perspective, rules and future

Respected Sir,After you talked to me over telephone at 11 am, I discussed the matter with Dr.Rajeev at about 12 noon. We discussed about the smooth transition process. It was agreed that except tsdf_iadvl and wcd_iadvl (for wcd 2007 scholarship holders) Dr. Rajeev will start moderating all the other yahoogroups with immediate effect. As everyday a moderator gets many spam approval requests and some membership requests and subsequently members get impatient when they don't see their posting on the web and start sending personal mails to the moderators, it was agreed between us to declare about this change of guards by an e-mail to the members.I consulted him and informed him before sending the farewell mail.Even before that 4-5 spam approval requests had reached my inbox and were pending for the moderator to approve. After a full five hours of your phone call I sent that farewell mail to the members precisely at 4 pm In any organization it is the duty of the outgoing team leader to introduce the new leader.That is the basic courtesy and protocol we always follow. As the outgoing moderator it was within my call of duty to introduce the new moderator my successor Dr. Rajeev Sharma. That was a pleasant privilege, which cannot be taken as jumping the gun from my end.In e-group related matters, throughout last 26 months, I always used to respond within fraction of seconds or minutes. Here I took long five hours before sending that mail. So, that cannot be regarded as 'soon'. Sir, I am not sending this mail to the yahoogroups as that is needless.I have already appealed to the members to stop sending personal praise mails to the group as those are also needless. Another point, IADVL e-groups are now very important organs of IADVL. It was decided that in the next edition of the Constitution the 'rules governing IADVL e-groups' will have to be incorporated. In 2007, before Gangtok EC some initial rules were drafted by me and Dr. Suresh Joshipura for presentation on behalf of the constitution committee.He may kindly be contacted for that draft as this can be helpful. I have talked to Rajeev and enquired about his health.Thankfully he is afebrile now and just started his clinics.I wished him to get well soon. I am sure he will do a great job.Regards,Koushik

No comments:

Post a Comment